Mucho Mas Enchiladas
2 Lbs Ground beef
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tsp Ground Comino
2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp Gebhardt Chili Powder (using this specific brand really makes a difference)
1 Cup Flour
7 Cups Water
Vegetable Oil/ canola oil
36 count Corn Tortillas
American Cheese (best if you buy a block of cheese and shred yourself)
Large rectangle baking pan
1. In a big pot, cook and drain the ground beef.
2. Measure and put in a cup: garlic powder, ground comino, salt, pepper, chili powder (mix it all together in the cup) then add it to the cooked and drained meat and cook on medium heat.
3. In a bowl, mix 1 cup of flour and 2 cups of water with a wire whisk, make sure that there are no lumps.
4. Add flour mixture to meat (still on medium heat) and stir.
5. Add the rest of the water (5 cups) and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Get your shredded American cheese ( can be other types of cheese but American melts the best)
7. Keep your meat on low while you do the next step
8. Corn tortillas- in a pan warm up vegetable oil or canola oil then dip one tortilla at a time in the warm oil pan and stack them one on top of another on a plate… Best to use tongs to dip each one
9. In a large rectangle pan make rows of enchiladas by laying the corn tortilla flat, add meat and cheese to the center then roll and line up.
10. Add meat gravy and cheese on top of your rolled enchiladas
11. Put pan in the oven so that the cheese melts at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes
Makes approximately 36 enchiladas if you don’t need that many cut the recipe in half .. If you need more.. Double or even triple the recipe!!!
Recipe Submitted By Janie